Monday, April 21, 2003

I honestly cannot, for the life of me, understand any call to hand over the Iraqi people to the UN. This is an organization that is dominated by thugs, that places Syria and Lybia on the Human Rights Commission, that places Iraq in charge of the Disarmament Agency, and that actively promulgates policies directly (and sometimes explicitly) in conflict with the Catholic Church's teachings. It is an organization that seeks to facilitate abortion, that interferes with international adoption, and that has very few redeeming characteristics. It is not designed to act swiftly, but to obstruct: that is its purpose. I have disagreed with the Holy Father on this whole war, but I have felt challenged by that disagreement, until now. It is with very, very great sadness that I now find myself repelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home