Thursday, October 16, 2003

I'm wondering about the form of prayers. My most typical style of prayer is to form an intention, then recite a rote prayer, offered up as it were on behalf of that intention. Now, formerly I would get very specific about the intention, forming actual words describing precisely what intercession is necessary, and sometimes carrying on a lengthy exposition. Presently, I usually manage to imagine the thing desired (for myself or more often another) without verbalizing it so much, and thenr ecite the prayer. Today, I even managed to pray for an intention without the lengthy exposition, but also managed to omit the crutch of rote prayers. It is interesting to undertake to grow one's prayer life without relying on any particular tools, such as books or spiritual direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home