Monday, September 22, 2003

I am especially mad at Dexter Shoe, which moved most of its production out of the Great State of Maine, and into the "People's Republic" of China, even though they keep a horse-hockey story about themselves printed on the shoe box, meant to make you think that everything is still done in Maine. They made great shoes, that lasted forever, for a reasonable price. But I'd have paid a 20% or 30% premium to keep them doing things the old way. I drove 40 miles out of my way this morning to shop there, and was pretty upset that I found only two pairs of non-China sandals (both Italian) and neither fit at all right, and I realized that I didn't want to reward them with my custom in any case.

AAARGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home