Monday, September 29, 2003

I've started reading Hans Kung's Does God Exist? and Charles Williams' War in Heaven. (While listening in the car to the Lord of the Rings, and skipping around in Aristotle for Everyone and A Summa of the Summa. Does anyone have any Ritalin I can use?)

Kung is in preparation for starting the religion debating society in the dorm, in the next few days. But I think I will post a few of Kung's arguments here. CS Lewis and Peter Kreeft seem to set up straw men to knock down when they present counter-arguments for some of the classic proofs, but I want to hear real objections. At the same time, a lot of atheist-ically-oriented blogs and sites are full of the offensive ramblings of insulting and intellectually-challenged zealots who don't recognize their own religious fervour.

On the other hand, I have to wonder if Kung's translator wasn't secretly an atheist. German is a dense language, but there's no need to make the English version quite so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home