Monday, September 01, 2003

Peter Nixon blogged the other day at Sursum Corda "Church Without Borders, a a joint project of the Diocese and the Maryknoll Missionaries." This reminds me of one of the saddest things I have found on campus since returning. The poison of "diversity" has so consumed the campus, that the University Christian Fellowship now must compete with the Asian Christian Fellowship and the African one.

Of course I'm aware that our Romish faith has a history in this country of parishes segregated as well, but in recent years such segregation has largely been of language, not "race." (Though, of course, some language segregations also amount to the latter.)

But it was only 15 years ago when I first arrived here, and at that time, there was only one University Christian Fellowship, and if Catholics were informally excluded, we were excluded based on our perceived Satan-worship, not the color of our skins. Divisions in the Body of Christ based on meaningless things like race make me shake my head in sadness, and my fist in anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home