Monday, January 13, 2003

In the mid-1980s, my Dad began a Compuserve subscription. Now, I freely admit that I liked Compuserve a fair amount. (Among other things, I got to email back and forth with a number of authors of my favorite comic books, and even met one or two of them at conventions.) [Ed. note: mock my geekiness. I dare you.] Compuserve, to borrow Ollie North's expression, was a neat idea.

I never, ever, in my wildest dreams, could have imagined Compuserve, or anything like it, going all Pinky and the Brain on us. Heck, that's one of the main reasons, in the early 1990s, when I lived 15 minutes from AOL World Domination Headquarters, that I didn't bother following up on an interview opportunity. I confess to regretting that decision many, many times in the *late* 1990s, since most everyone who got a job there when I might have had by that time retired to their private Greek islands.

So, forgive me for a little schadenfreude this morning. It's good to see that, even if I was wrong for the better part of a decade, I turned out to be right after all. It's good to be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home