Thursday, May 22, 2003

A link

Though I have known about this since late September 2001, I've never linked to it before. Nestor is a Jewish immigrant from Russia, a pilot and some kind of computer guy with an office in lower Manhattan. I got to know him through a pilot newsgroup on USENET, and everyone on the group got nervous when he hadn't posted for a few days after 9/11, because no one knew which building he had an office in. He was airborne over Manhattan in his Cessna the morning of 9/11, flying in the VFR corridor that goes over the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty. His photos taken from the air are all on this page. Nestor had actually invited me to fly the VFR corridor with him some time when I was in NYC on business, but I never took him up on it, and now I have very little occasion to go to NYC, so I doubt the flight will ever happen. And even though I have been to Ground Zero, I'm not sure I'm actually ready to fly over that site. So, we shall see. Click here, but only if you want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home