Monday, September 29, 2003

I had high hopes that today, I would be recommending Island Slipper Hawaii shoes, but they have been dashed. I ordered them and they arrived today, only to find that the label says "Made in China," in spite of the fact that the website says "Made in Hawaii," and I first found out about them through a "Made in US" website. (For the record, I'm not a "Buy American" kind of guy; I'm a "Spend Justly" kind of guy.) I didn't actually *ask* anyone about the country of origin, so it's my fault, but "Made in Hawaii" in your logo kind of implies "not made in a foreign country..."

I had also hoped to recommend Sebago Shoes. Most of what they make is made in Maine, but unfortunately, the one pair of shoes I did order turned out to be made...well, guess.

I think I'm going to have to find a new crusade, because it sure seems like I am one of about 50 people in the whole country who gives a crap that the great bargains we find at WalMart often come at the expense of the lives and liberty of oppressed people far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home