Tuesday, May 27, 2003

A little bit of a conundrum

We have been told that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we can move mountains. On the other hand, none of us has ever succeeded in moving any, to the best of my knowledge. So, obviously, either mustard seeds contain a surprising amount of faith, or we are even more feckless and rotten that I normally start the day supposing.

But here's the conundrum: if one thinks "My prayer will be answered if only I have enough faith," it seemes likely (and obvious) one does not in fact have the requisite amount. On the other hand, in recognizing that fact, one might possibly overcome it. I'm trying to sort all this out, because I still have not won the Powerball, but on the other hand, some other prayers seem more efficacious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home